Hello, and happy June! (WTF, how are we already halfway through this year? Time is weird.)
There is SO. MUCH. going on with both the magazine and the press. Here is the quick and dirty list to keep you up to date:
SPLIT LIP MAGAZINE NEWSto and, who are joining the Split Lip staff as Flash Fiction Editor and Memoir Editor. We are thrilled to get to add these talented writers/editors to our roster and hope you will send them work ASAP!
- HUGE WELCOME to Kaitlyn Andrews-Rice and Jen Palmares Meadows, who are joining the Split Lip staff as Flash Fiction Editor and Memoir Editor. We are thrilled to get to add these talented writers/editors to our roster and hope you will send them work ASAP!
- We are now accepting FLASH FICTION as its very own category! And submissions are free until the end of the month: submit your best (under 1000 words) here.
- Late this summer, we are going to be transitioning from an online quarterly to more of a weekly magazine–so you can get your Split Lip fix 24/7 instead of just four times a year. We are excited about this new direction, and we already have some stellar work chosen for the launch.
SPLIT LIP PRESS NEWS
- The TURNBUCKLE CHAPBOOK CONTEST finalists have been sent to our guest judge, Sara Lippmann. Stay tuned for the winner, who will have their chapbook published with Split Lip in early 2017.
- Our newest book, Kara Vernor’s Because I Wanted to Write You a Pop Song will be on sale on June 15th!
- We have books forthcoming from Mila Jaroniec (novel), Melissa Wiley (essay collection), and Kristen Arnett (story collection). We could not be more thrilled to work with these incredibly talented writers.
NOTE: We might need a little help in the near future. If you’re interested in learning the small press ropes, just give us a shout. It’s all volunteer (but we can pay you in books and joy).
I think that’s all? But more soon…